2:48 PM

Back To Basics

On this calm Saturday afternoon I began to reflect on my past, as I had been feeling a little inadequate lately.  Growing up in the Caribbean was not easy, but it instilled values in me that shaped who I am today.  For example, folks look at me and always make the assessment that I work so hard but, to me this is normal or natural. Executing on any task you've decided to take on is just part of the job and we worked hard till it was done right. Whether its was making ice cream to sell on the road for sunday churchgoers or washing white clothes by the river or cleaning nutmeg for sale...we did it right no matter how long it took.  Now, my aforementioned topic stems from the fact that lately I've lost some of that zeal, and have replaced it with procrastination and excuses.  Thinking back to my childhood reminded me of the following
1. Pray about it
2. Mediocrity is unacceptable
3. Execution with excellence is the make or break factor
4. Take what you get, until you get what you want
5.  Always be grateful because someone right now is worst off

I have some big plans for my life and lately I have had difficulty in all of the above, because i'm hitting roadblocks. When I reflect on all we have been through and how strong I am, I feel ashamed for even becoming discouraged.
Yep! Its easier said than done but, we have to always try to go back to basics and see how far we've come when, you see yourself falling back or slacking off.
As someone said; you dont know where you are going until you know where you came from.
Go back to basics, be humble and go be great!

0 comments: